Volusia County High School Exhibition
July 17 – August 15
Gallery500 will present a juried art contest featuring nine high school students’ artwork from Volusia County Schools. The exhibition, installed today, will remain on display through August 15. The juried contest will be judged by Cameron Vintson, Executive Director, ArtHaus, Stacey Fletcher-Reynolds, Assistant Professor of Studio Arts, Daytona State College and Jessica Kennedy, Gallery Manager, Gallery500. Gallery500 will host a private reception on Thursday, August 15 to celebrate the winning artwork. First place artwork will receive a $500 cash prize for the student and $500 for their high school art program.
“We are excited to work with Gallery500 on this contest and thank them for supporting the arts in Volusia County Schools,” stated Bryce Hammond, Art K-12 Curriculum Specialist, Volusia County Schools. “Gallery500 is a great community partner and one that truly demonstrates the value of business and education working together to provide outstanding opportunities for our students.”
The following high school students and their artwork will be featured in the exhibition:
· Kayla Sanden-Kolheffer, Seabreeze High School – Confectionary Dream (Acrylic)
· Hannah Rice, Seabreeze High School – Carried Away (Color Pencil)
· Madison Sloan, Seabreeze High School – Sophie Washington (Color Pencil)
· Wyatt Wilson, DeLand High School – Amplified Above (Digital Photography)
· Serrie Gregor, Spruce Creek High School – Flower Vase (Digital Painting)
· Katherine Drescher, Deltona High School – New Beginnings (Acrylics)
· Katherine Cintron, Deltona High School – Betwixt (Color Pencil and Marker)
· Madison Mulcahy, Spruce Creek High School – Celeste (Digital Photography)
· Jordan Vegiard, Spruce Creek High School – Reflect (Digital Photography)
Guests are welcome to view the student artwork during Gallery500’s normal business hours Tuesday through Saturday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sunday 12 p.m. – 6 p.m., and Monday by appointment. For additional information, please contact Gallery Manager Jessica Kennedy, (386) 262-1912, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.